Create a revolution in oral care inventing the toothpaste of the future
This contest has been extended and will now finish on Sunday, August 7th at 23h59 UTC.
It gives you even more chances to come up with the winning entry!
We can't wait to see your insights. Good luck!
You probably use toothpaste every day. Is it always the same one? Used in the same way, applied on your manual or electrical toothbrush?
Now think about when you’re buying toothpaste at the store and how long that takes – we’re pretty sure you don’t give much time (and probably also attention) to that either. You might hesitate for a couple of seconds between a paste that whitens your teeth, one that brings fresh breath, one that takes care of your dental health or maybe even one that combines these benefits. But – in general – you end up buying a toothpaste in a plastic tube with or without a box.
Practically all toothpastes look the same and are used in the same way. Today, a leading oral care brand would like to change that. Can you help to reinvent toothpaste and create the toothpaste of the future that will break the norms of oral care and stand out on shelves in the store? A toothpaste that will bring new beauty and/or health value so that consumers will be willing to pay a little more than for their classic one!
Break the norms of oral care and amaze us with your toothpaste of the future that will bring the tooth brushing experience to a whole new level.
Today, we want you to invent the toothpaste of the future that will bring an oral care experience like no other and your job is to invent a new toothpaste and design its packaging. How can a toothpaste bring more value in terms of beauty and health?
Here are some thought starters for you to develop your toothpaste innovation. You can submit ideas based on a single point, a combination of the points below or based on any other idea you may have, there is no limit!
- New forms and formats: besides the traditional plastic tube in a box, how would a premium toothpaste look like? How will this packaging design be different? Is the dispensing system different from what exists today?
- New technology: can you invent a technological breakthrough on toothpaste? Is there any other way or form that a toothpaste could be presented? There might be analogies from other industries which might help you unleash your ideas!
- New ingredients or features: what’s so unique about your new toothpaste that can bring beauty or health benefits to the user? What will be the benefits or features needed 10-20 years from now?
- New fashionable designs or new names: can these bring the expressions of the beauty and/or health benefits to new exciting heights? Are designs different for different set of group of people? (example: Millennials, Gen Z, etc.)?
- In some cases, your innovation idea might lead to a whole new routine or new rituals of brushing and bring an unparalleled performance: how does it then combine with your toothbrush, mouthwash etc.?
We are looking for ideas above and beyond a basic, affordable toothpaste that just cleans so unleash your creativity and forget the limits. Your toothpaste will cost a little more than the average ones available today but it will be well worth it!
To help us better understand your idea, please answer these four questions:
- What is your new toothpaste product? Please provide a clear description. Tell us what makes it revolutionary.
- What frustrations does your idea solve?
- What beauty, health or other benefits does it bring? Why would they be willing to pay more for it?
- Why would your revolutionary toothpaste product and packaging stand out on shelf?
The quality of design matters in this contest so please submit your ideas in 2D/3D drawings or well-designed sketches to illustrate your idea. Your toothpaste must be presented with and without packaging as we would like to imagine how it would stand out in shelf. Should you choose to show a brand, you can pick the one you want.
- #1 獎金 € 6,000
- #2 獎金 € 3,000
- #3 獎金 € 2,000
- #4 獎金 € 1,000
- #5 獎金 € 500
Presentation with visuals and text (maximum of 4 pages, PDF).
We are looking for a truly disruptive new toothpaste product idea that will bring something new to oral care. We want to see a product innovation idea and packaging design that will stand out in the eyes of consumers and in the shelf environment.
- Please submit your entries in English, Spanish or Portuguese only.
- Your toothpaste should not be something cheap or affordable that just cleans. It needs to be a revolution in innovation and will cost a little more.
- The quality of design matters in this contest so please submit your ideas in 2D/3D drawings or well-designed sketches to illustrate your idea.
- 若你有使用到不屬於你自己的創作內容 (音樂、照片、設計等內容)，請在你的媒體描述說明中註明，不管你所使用到的音樂和/或圖片是否為自己創作，請提供授權連結證明你有這些內容的使用權利。