Find new impactful ways to show consumers that Duracell is the best value for money.
Duracell, and batteries generally, power many of the electronic devices we rely on every day. From our children’s toys, to our own gadgets (e.g. headphones, fitness trackers and Bluetooth accessories) to household items such as flashlights, smoke detectors and wall clocks as well as many other devices we use on a daily basis.
Whilst people often put a lot of thought into the devices that they buy, they often put very little thought into the batteries. They know that the battery is needed to make it work but often they think that any battery will do. As a result, when people buy batteries, they tend to be more price sensitive and they wonder if they should buy Duracell or other, cheaper batteries…
In fact, Duracell batteries do last longer and on top of this they also make our devices work better (lights are brighter, sounds are louder and clearer, movement is stronger etc.) – so the experience the consumer gets from using their device is better. This is something consumers often do not realise since they believe this performance is dictated by the device and not the battery.
People also know that Duracell batteries are more expensive… and they think “are they really worth it”?
In some markets, Duracell advertises “Lasts 10x longer. Save More.” But this has its limitations. People have to check the prices and do the maths themselves to work out whether they actually get better value for money and it’s frankly, not very engaging for them.
Duracell would like to find more creative ways of showing consumers that Duracell is the smartest choice and the best value for money. Ready to help?
Create an ingenious and unique poster that shows Duracell as a smart way to get the best value for money.
Think about Duracell as a one of those “life hacks” that help you get more of what you want.
We are looking for a fresh perspective on how Duracell can communicate superior value in a unique, meaningful and an intuitive way to people who get so much entertainment or even security from their battery operated devices.
Please keep in mind the following:
+ There are three potential creative routes and we welcome more based on your own perspective:
- Feeling smart: consumers feel smart when they buy a product that is the best value for money, even if it’s not the cheapest. For example, when you buy Duracell you actually save money in the long run because you buy fewer batteries. There could be interesting ‘life hacks’ within this concept.
- Beyond doubt: When consumers feel there is a real difference, they don’t even question the cost. Think of a morning coffee, baby food, etc. They simply want the best, in everything they buy, and the best often means the most expensive.
- My devices are only as good as their power source: Many consumers take it for granted that their car deserves high quality fuel, or even performs better with high quality fuel. This is truly the case with battery operated devices. They perform better with Duracell.
The brand mascot, the Duracell pink bunny must play a key role in the poster. A good way to make sure he plays a key role is: if you remove it from the poster, the story does not make sense anymore.
We don’t want to use a technical approach by comparing Duracell with other batteries.
Along with your poster, please write a tagline. Also, we’d like you to provide a short text that describes your idea and how you bring to life the value of Duracell.
Example of a bad entry for this contest: a poster that explicitly represents a performance or price-related comparison between Duracell batteries and the other powered by un-branded batteries. There must be a new story that is meaningfully tied with the consumer’s routines.
- #1 獎金 € 1,500
- #2 獎金 € 600
- #3 獎金 € 400
Poster with tagline on page 1 + short explanatory paragraph about your entry on page 2 (2 PDF page max.)
Concept and visuals are equally important here! Our client is looking for clever and simple ideas that depict how Duracell is value for money through a poster. Awards will go to the most original and creative ideas that make the link cleverly explicit. The ad should only work for the Duracell brand.
- Entries should be in English.
- Feature Duracell’s pink Bunny in your poster. You can find it in the toolkit.
- Your entry needs to tell a story.
- Do not assume any official partnership.
- Do not use: black humor, irony, mockery, self-congratulation, comparison to other brands.
- 若你有使用到不屬於你自己的創作內容 (音樂、照片、設計等內容)，請在你的媒體描述說明中註明，不管你所使用到的音樂和/或圖片是否為自己創作，請提供授權連結證明你有這些內容的使用權利。