Create short films to put conditions of girls and women on the international agenda!
The Why Foundation is producing their third public media campaign “WHY WOMEN?” aiming to bring awareness of the challenges faced by women and girls globally.
The 10 Why Women? short films will be screened, among many other places, at the World’s leading women’s conference, Women Deliver, to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark, in May 2016.
The idea is to produce high-quality short films about these very important issues regarding girls’ and women’s conditions worldwide. What is special about this competition is that there is only one winner per film category. The prize is 6700 euros, and you have the chance to put women’s conditions on the international agenda.
The competition is held by The Why Foundation and organized by crowd agency Cosmic People. You can find The Why at www.thewhy.dk
We are looking for five films (maximum 2:30 minutes each).
Can you make a powerful short film that stands out from the crowd? Now you have the opportunity to put the conditions of women on the international agenda.
Create a 2.30 minutes art film based on one of the 5 scripts provided in the brief. You have to create a video- animation or live footage that will interpret, illustrate and elaborate one of the 5 voice-overs, which cover one of the 5 topics. Please do not create your own script or make any changes to the scripts provided. Pick one that inspires you and download the voice-over by clicking on the Film Title:
You have to create a video- animation or live footage that will interpret, illustrate and elaborate one of the 5 voice-overs, which cover one of the 5 topics. Please do not create your own script or make any changes to the scripts provided. Pick one that inspires you and download the voice-over by clicking on the Film Title:
- Maternal and Newborn Health / Film title: What Ami Didn’t Know
- Family Planning / Film title: Every Year, Every Hour, Every Minute
- Health Services / Film title: Facts of Life
- Early, Forced Marriage / Film title: One Bride, Seven Cows or a Box of Heroin
- Education / Film title: One Extra Year
Academy Award winner Helen Mirren has recorded poetic, factual and dramatic voice-overs for five different films, which put the conditions of women on the agenda.
The task is to create visual material and possibly background music or sound effects for the existing voice-overs. Show us how you interpret factual, touching stories. Give us powerful visual material in the form of documentary, animation, collage or something completely different.
The films will be screened at the world's leading women's conference: Women Deliver. The films will be further shared with the conference's international partners, including the UN, uploaded on websites and social media, screened on television, at special exhibitions and used as teaching material. The aim is to raise awareness and generate debate on the subject of equal opportunities, the health of girls and women and their rights at a global level.
- #1 獎金 € 6,700
- #2 獎金 € 6,700
- #3 獎金 € 6,700
- #4 獎金 € 6,700
- #5 獎金 € 6,700
Length: MAX 2. 30 minute Form: Animation, art film, collage, live footage
A powerful short film that stands out from the crowd.
The winning criteria will prioritise clear, powerful storytelling, unique expression and a high level of creativity. Supporting and rewarding young talented people and a high level of creativity will also be important. The relative weighting of these criteria will be entirely in the hands of the jury.
- Entries should have no language added (please do not add text or speech)
- Maximum length is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Please do not edit the voiceovers – you are, however, allowed to insert pauses (for the sake of promoting a message) in the voiceovers, as long as the films do not exceed 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Please keep the high resolution source files, as winners will be asked to provide them.
- If you win the competition, you must be ready to deliver the rough material in QuickTime HD files ProRes 4:2:2 - Video Size: 1920x1080 (Square pixels) Frame rate: 25, Sound Sampling Frequency: 48khz Sampling Size: 24 bit, Audio level: -12 dBFS EBU or +6 dB Nordic PPM.
- 若你有使用到不屬於你自己的創作內容 (音樂、照片、設計等內容)，請在你的媒體描述說明中註明，不管你所使用到的音樂和/或圖片是否為自己創作，請提供授權連結證明你有這些內容的使用權利。