Invent the next generation of intense sensation Doritos snack for those who expect more boldness in their lives!
If you are an adventurous person who follows your instinct and likes to share good times with friends, then you must be a Doritos lover. You might be young, irreverent, fun and definitely BOLD!
Doritos are seasoned tortilla chips, iconic because of their edgy triangular shape. Due to the intensity of the experiences Doritos offer, they’re a perfect match for people looking for extreme sensory stimulation. Doritos lovers are bold, always searching to try new things and new products.
Doritos is the leader brand in the salty snacks market! People just love Doritos, and this is true the whole world over!
Doritos needs your help to create a new intense experience for consumers who live boldly.
Can you help invent the next generation of Doritos? A daring and delicious snack that fills the belly in a BOLD way!
Wow us with incredible new product ideas, which bring out-of-the-box sensorial experience to consumers and surprise them with intense flavors and textures for Doritos.
Your product idea must be one that fills bellies and brings a whole new experience, but also that has: a triangular shape and a powerful crunch.
Your idea should be presented as a concept board: one page with visuals of product and packaging and one page of text with explanation about the below.
Give a lot of details about your idea!
- Tell us about the flavor of your new Doritos: ingredients and tastes (remember the taste has to be intense - a “hint of lime” is not BOLD enough).
- Describe the format of the Doritos (triangle-based but can be tweaked), the graphic design or the new packaging it comes in (see Guidelines to download sachet). Tell us why you picked this shape.
- Describe the moment: who eats it, when and where will they eat it? Does it unveil an occasion where Doritos was not consumed at the moment?
- Describe the ritual (the way it’s eaten and what people do when they eat it).
- Name your product: Doritos “___”.
We are looking for concepts that solve a problem. The problems are that all chips taste the same, they are not fun or entertaining, they are boring, just snacks. So you should come up with ideas that make the snacking more enjoyable, more intense, or that include an activity. Doritos has grown through its core business throughout the last decades, but has been unable to unlock new consumer occasions and bring incremental sales to the brand. We need your help.
Your new product can propose a new packaging or be packed into the Doritos sachet that you can download from the “guidelines”.
The challenge is to bring BOLD and satisfying experiences to teenagers who want to step up their snacking experience. Also keep in mind that Doritos is meant to be a perfect fit for social occasions and to be shared!
Doritos is the trusty companion of adventure-seekers. Doritos is “For the BOLD”. Therefore, your concept has to introduce something NEW, it should be something that attracts people who are adventurous, who enjoy new challenges and are open to try new things.
Example for this contest: a product that will be launched thanks to eYeka Community called Doritos Ruleta. It colors the tongue after being eaten. It is inspired by the triangle rolled into a cone. It looks like a triangular dynamite stick to illustrate the idea of hot flavor.
Another example: the Devil’s Roulette. 1 out of every 5 Doritos in the packet is flavored with super-hot chili. You never know which one of your friends will pick it ... and if it’s you, you can consider yourself lucky ... or unlucky! (Depending on whether or not you like this taste.) This is a new experience, and this is what can be called a new way to interact with Doritos.
- #1 獎金 € 3,000
- #2 獎金 € 1,500
- #3 獎金 € 1,000
- #4 獎金 € 500
Two-page presentation: designs and text explanations (2 pages max PDF).
Awards will go to some of the entries that suggest a breakthrough innovation and that provide intense experiences. Originality of the idea, boldness of the concept and creative execution of your thinking will have to blow the jury away to have a chance to win.
- Your concept must be triangular. It is an inspiration, but somehow, your idea needs to be related to it.
- Avoid mild and sweet tastes and boring experiences. There needs to be something happening.
- Download the Doritos logo here.
- If you want, you can propose a new packaging but it's not mandatory.
- Keep in mind Doritos' personality, which is: “For the bold”.
- Also, don’t forget it’s a social brand and the chips are meant to be shared.
- If you’ve participated in our previous Doritos contest, please do not resend the same idea! It will for sure not be picked as a winner!
- Entries must be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- 若你有使用到不屬於你自己的創作內容 (音樂、照片、設計等內容)，請在你的媒體描述說明中註明，不管你所使用到的音樂和/或圖片是否為自己創作，請提供授權連結證明你有這些內容的使用權利。