Can you design a more enjoyable, more sustainable shower?
We love taking showers. This universal daily ritual leaves you feeling relaxed, clean and fresh. Long showers are even more enjoyable, but they have a considerable environmental impact: showering uses a lot of water and requires a lot of energy to heat that water. So how could we enjoy showering while having a minimal impact on the planet and on our wallets?
What if a combination of technology, design and a new way of thinking could revolutionize something that we take for granted: the shower? Unilever is developing the shower of the future and need your help to design it.
Wow us with an original and revolutionary design for the next generation of showers, combining an enjoyable experience with preservation of the environment.
In addition to the design, describe what is special about your shower and how it works.
Here are some guidelines that Unilever would like to follow:
- A more sustainable shower should try to recycle water.
- It will replace traditional showers in the bathroom so it should use about the same amount of space.
- It is designed for everyone to enjoy so should remain affordable (not be gold plated or use a sophisticated computer system to run it).
- Showers are not just about removing dirt- they can also be really pleasurable. An improved shower should not only clean, but also deliver a better sensorial experience: the feeling of water, the sound and the right temperature.
The rest is up to you: be creative and tell us what you think the functions should be and what the shower should look like.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission as it will be rejected.
You could start by thinking about the actual showering experience. What does a shower do to you? How does it make you feel? How could we magnify these existing feelings and create new ones? What is missing? What works well and what could be improved?
Here is an example of an entry: My new shower has a built-in heater that warms up the water as soon as I turn on the tap. It delivers a steam jet lasting one minute that opens up the pores of your skin so that you can deeply cleanse yourself. Three powerful shower jets placed at different heights will ensure your entire body is completely cleaned and invigorated. You also have the option of a few seconds of cold water to finish your shower. It has a timer that automatically releases the different stages of the shower, ensuring I only spend the right amount of time showering and thus saving water; although I can of course set it to a “shower pleasure” mode for a longer, more relaxing shower. All water is filtered and a pump re-circulates it so I use less water when I shower. The discarded water fills up the toilet water tank so nothing is wasted.
- #1 獎金 € 5,000
- #2 獎金 € 2,000
- #3 獎金 € 1,000
- #4 獎金 € 1,000
- #5 獎金 € 1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
It is important that you cover both areas: functions (what someone using your shower expects in terms of sensations or tools) and design, exterior and interior. We will award the most innovative entries and the best looking ideas. We will favor creators who have gone beyond the idea of sustainability to propose real sensorial improvements (consider touch, sound, temperature, etc.)
- The shower of the future must be accessible to the average person and fit into their existing bathroom.
- You don’t have to worry about the technicalities of how it will work. Focus on how it looks, what it does, why it is better and how someone who uses it will feel.
- Consider the whole showering experience from beginning to end.
- Your idea has to be submitted in English.
- 若你有使用到不屬於你自己的創作內容 (音樂、照片、設計等內容)，請在你的媒體描述說明中註明，不管你所使用到的音樂和/或圖片是否為自己創作，請提供授權連結證明你有這些內容的使用權利。